Wednesday, April 13, 2005

traffic traffic everywhere

I am not usually one to complain abt roads and traffic situations in good ol' Chennai but I am forced to... I think that explains my day on the roads today..

It started off well but at the saidapet signal, my vehicle was abt to give way.. (read sputtering).. I somehow dragged on and took a left to CIT nagar.. (btw.. i was headed towards West Mambalam).. Somewhere in the lanes of CIT nagar, my vehicle came to a stop.. Me tried starting for 10 mins. But no luck.. Then I bulbed.. Looked into the fuel tank and...............DRY..lol. NOT A DROP OF FUEL.. . Didn't realise tht there was no fuel when I started off... apparently, the fuel indicator was wrong.. (or maybe i did not look).. anyway.. called a frend up. He did not pick up cos he was asleep.. (calls me abt 45 mins later..useless fellow.ghrrr..) So, me pushed (or was it pulled. does it matter) the vehicle to a petrol bunk which was abt a Km away..Burnt a lot of calories (made up for it later as you shall soon find out)..

anyways.. at the fuel station (this was one of those shady bunks .. no pure for sure..or such signs)..ok. I used the concept of "something better than nothing".. this attendant dint mix OIL and petrol (he poured OIL separately and Petrol separately) and hence my vehicle sputtered for a good 5 km thro the crowded streets of T.Nagar and W.Mamb.

Ok. 2 hrs later .. work done.. Time abt 7 30 pm.. I drop a frend off and then make a stupid decision of goin to mount rd via panagal park /duraisamy subway. (for chennaites, these places have the most volume of traffic especially evenings). Another 30 mins gone in negotiaiting a stretch of hardly 2 Km and I am tearing my hair out from under my helmet (guys if u wanna know how tht is done. contact me..) . finaly make it to this frends place near mount road and later we decide to hog at dhaba express.. this explains the calories thingy earlier.. tht finished. i drop him back (time = 9pm)... and still there is traffic at nandanam signal. Had to wait atleast 3 rounds of signalling (or was it four.. I stopped counting)... and had to negotiate traffic all thro mount road/saidapet before arriving safe and sound but pisssed with the whole world in general...

until next time..

Abhi
(state of mind == irritated)

No comments: