Monday, May 02, 2005

He turns 36 today..

For all you people wondering what the title is all about.. It refers to the man . no wait.. the legend that is Brian Charles Lara(See pic). Though I haven't blogged in a long time, I am goin to reserve tht for later and today is all about the greatest batsman to have ever played the game of cricket.. yeah.. people much older to me will probably argue Sir Don Bradman's case or maybe even Sir Garfield Sobers, but hey.. I havent seen them play and hence cant comment :-)

On May 2nd , 1969, this fella was born in Cantaro.. Now please dont ask me where this place is..Anyway, he started playing cricket at a very early age and went on to represent WI U-19 test team when he was 15!!! The rest as they say is history.. He is easily the worlds best cricketer and is a match winner in every sense of the word..

I remember those days , when I was about 6 years old (thats as far back as I can remember) , I used to watch every innings of lara that they showed on TV, whether it was day, night etc.. I used to support the West Indies team because of him and will never forget the two superb innings of 375 and 400 tht he played.. But my favorite all time great innings is the one which he played against Australia to win the match batting with the number 11 .. the score was 213 not out.. I could go on and on about this man but I will reserve that for another day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARA!!!

Adios..

No comments: